Thursday, July 19, 2012

Help Me Understand


Help Me Understand

I find myself so lost in the round-a-bout,
I can't find my way out
I can't forget the past,
I can't seem to make love last
I cry inside but never down my face,
What's left of my heart is a disgrace
Broken battered and bruised,
I feel just so used
The night is my friend and enemy,
When it caresses as it suffocates me
The nights are long and the days so cold,
I look so young but I feel so old
It been so long since I felt a man's touch,
Even then it wasn't that much
I need to let it go,
But when the lights are out I can't stop the show
My thoughts will wander,
Where there's rain there's thunder
The words won't leave,
Must I always grieve
Someone take my hand,
Someone help me understand
My heart is my token,
Even lost and broken.....

No comments:

Post a Comment